Huh?

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. (Orig. unknown) Slang. H-U-A (heard understood acknowledged)

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Friday, April 20, 2012

111 Relief

Today I met with a psychologist.
The LT had been suspecting for sometime that I may have ADD.
I read some about Adult ADD online, and started crying when I realized that the symptoms are things that I have struggled with, or found frustrating about myself.
I finally made an appointment (I kept forgetting to do so...how apt) and today had a great discussion with an expert on the subject.
She said it is clear from talking to me that I have AD/HD (I'm not sold on the H part yet) and Anxiety as well.
It really feels like a weight has been lifted in that the things that frustrate me are beyond my control. I have found ways to cope with some aspects, yet it is exhausting to constantly do so.
I am going to try to treat it with medication to see if that helps as well.
I have always felt like I am capable of doing so much more, but just can't accomplish the things I want to. I am praying that now I can move forward and work towards my full potential. 

1 comment:

  1. I think it's always a little easier once the problem is named. You're a strong, smart woman. You'll get this beat!

    ReplyDelete