Huh?

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. (Orig. unknown) Slang. H-U-A (heard understood acknowledged)

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

119 Money to Burn

Bean recently received some money from loving grandparents. She kept wanting to go shopping, but she didn't know what to buy.
The neighbor girl has a huge tub of Littlest Pet Shop toys that Bean has fallen in love with so that is what she decided she needed to buy. She counted her money and proudly announced that she had "seven papers." In grown up counting, she had $25, two $10s and five $1s. Of course no matter how many times we pointed out the big 10 on the "papers", she still insisted she only had 7 papers.
I think she panicked a bit when her total for a crab, and a mama and baby penguin set came to $9.66, because it was more than seven papers. I quickly pointed to the 10 and told her to hand that to the lady. She refused to take the change, I think because she was confused at how she had enough to pay for it.
Nonetheless, she happily picked up her bag and receipt and smiled the whole way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment