Huh?

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. (Orig. unknown) Slang. H-U-A (heard understood acknowledged)

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Monday, June 4, 2012

156 One of Those Days

Today was one of those days that wasn't terrible, but it seemed nothing was going my way.
It started when the LT got out of the shower and said "Oh crap. My watch just died." The nice, expensive army watch that was a gift when he was comissioned died.
The watch that I replaced the battery in the other day...oh wait. Whoops. I didn't get the back screwed on tight enough and it got water in it.
Awesome.
Most of the day turned out like that. Nothing as major as breaking the watch, but just enough to frustrate me.
And then there was the time today that I wanted to print a large family photo to hang in the house.
I chose a huge size, 20x24, and was so proud of myself because I checked ahead of time to make sure that the big frames were half off at Hobby Lobby.
So we went to Sam's to pick up our huge picture. I was pretty proud of the picture too, because the resolution was great.
Then I got to Hobby Lobby only to find that the largest frames they have are 16x20. Whoops again.
The Sam's app on my phone wouldn't let me print more than an 8x10, so I called the watch-less LT at work and he was able to put in another order for me so I could pick it up while I was still in town.
I made sure to tell him to check the crop on it so that it was centered. He said at first, it cut him off, then he was able to center it.
I went back to Sam's Club, and surprise, surprise, the photo was ready 30 minutes early! As soon as we got home, I raced to put it in the frame, only to realize...
it still wasn't centered.

It is framed, and I will hang it. And perhaps some day, I will print another one (it only cost me 5 bucks) but I don't know what to do with this one. I hate to throw it away!
I ended up finding a boring black poster frame for the bigger photo and the LT wants it for his wall in his office.

And I left his watch in a bag of rice all day to dry it out, and do you know what?

it worked


No comments:

Post a Comment