Huh?

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. (Orig. unknown) Slang. H-U-A (heard understood acknowledged)

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

172 Patience Pays Off

Bean spotted this bow and arrow set in the summer Target catalog several weeks ago. Unfortunately for her, the Brave toys weren't out yet. She has absolutely no intention of seeing the movie. She just thinks bows are cool.
She had gotten some money from grandmas, and the tooth fairy, and was saving it for when the set made it to the store. Every time we went to Target, she had to check. Then she lost her wallet, and was bummed that she couldn't find her money.
Finally, the last time we were at Target, we spotted the Brave toys on an end cap, but alas, no bow set.
This past week, she found her wallet! (In her shopping cart of course!)
Today we were at Target again, and no bow. She was looking at all of the little My Little Ponies and other toys that she wanted to buy. I reminded her that she was saving her money for the bow. She sadly agreed and walked away.
Just in case, the DQ checked the Disney princess aisle, and lo and behold, on the bottom shelf with all of the other princesses, was this set.
Bean was beyond thrilled. She thanked her sister for finding it. She proudly carried it to the check out and paid for it all by herself. She was all smiles on the way home.
I kept asking her "Doesn't it feel good to know that you held on to your money so you could buy what you really wanted?" I think she got tired of me asking, but I wanted her to understand that patience is a very important thing to have. Especially when it comes to money!

No comments:

Post a Comment