Huh?

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. (Orig. unknown) Slang. H-U-A (heard understood acknowledged)

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

166 Flag Day

I figured that since we live on an army post, and one of us actually serves in the army, we neede a flag. I kept putting it off, telling myself that once we move to a real duty station we'd get one. And then of course, I read this blog post and totally agreed with her reasons not to have a flag, so we haven't had one.
But it seems like our time here is never ending, and rather than waiting for a day that may never exist (we can't live here forever, right!?) and enjoying every day, even if that means we have to unscrew a bracket before we move, I bought a flag.
I was so excited to come home and hang it, only to discover that the one post on our porch is steel, unlike the other houses that have 3 wooden posts.
So no flag that day.
The next day, I was so smart and I went to the hardware store and bought 2 metal drilling drill bits (ok, I wasn't SO smart because I forgot to bring the screws with me to know what size to get), and I borrowed the neighbor's drill again, and the LT went out to hang it aaaannd... the bits were too small.
No flag that day.
Today I found a set of black oxide drill bits in various sizes, dead set on hanging that flag today, on FLAG DAY of all days. And of course as soon as I got home, we got hit with a mocro-burst and it poured down rain for an hour or so.
Finally the LT was able to go out, and after much hard work drilled 3 large holes into the thick steel and got that flag hung. I was SO happy.
It really makes my heart swell to see that dancing in the breeze.
And then it rained again. So I had to take it down.
But I can proudly say that we had a flag hanging from our home for at least an hour on flag day.

No comments:

Post a Comment