Huh?

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. (Orig. unknown) Slang. H-U-A (heard understood acknowledged)

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Monday, March 5, 2012

65 The Ranges Were Hot Today

pleas pardon the poor quality...I took it with my phone...while driving...(I know! Dangerous! Sorry!)
And by "hot" I mean with fire.
And with "fire" I don't mean gun fire.
Like, they were actually on fire.
It was all part of a planned controlled burn, but this is what I saw as I drove home from the commissary this afternoon. The fire was right up by the road, about a mile from my house. It was a little unnerving when I came around the corner and saw this.
In Arizona, prescribed burns have a tendency to get out of control and do a lot of damage.
Thankfully, this one behaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment