Huh?

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. (Orig. unknown) Slang. H-U-A (heard understood acknowledged)

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

196 Hot, Hot, Hot

There is an ice cream truck that drives through the neighborhood every so often. I always tell the girls "no" for many reasons. Today we were out back throwing around a softball and it was really hot. Then the familiar sound came tinkling down the street. Realizing that I can't shelter my children from all of the fun things of my childhood because they have been ruined by sugar and obesity and creepy people and child abductions, I grabbed some cash and we ran to find the truck.
They were certainly not as awestruck as I was as a child by the thought of all of those sweets in one place. They each happily chose a popsicle and then scampered off to eat it in the grass.
That wasn't so bad was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment