Huh?

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. (Orig. unknown) Slang. H-U-A (heard understood acknowledged)

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

206 Squirrels!

Short story long:
Our neighbors left a few weeks ago. One of the things they left behind was a tomato plant in their front yard.
The mailman noticed this and, worried about it, suggested I move it to my yard and start caring for it.
(He clearly doesn't know my track record for inexplicably killing any plant that comes near me, as well as my complete lack of ability to process the art of growing my own food)
I had not intended to take it (Sorry Dawn!) because, really, what would I do with it? I doubted that I could actually grow them to red, and then I would have to use them if they did survive, and of course, the odds that I would want to make something tomato based within the window that they were ripe and ready are not good, and I don't think I could get enough ripened tomatoes to actually make something tomato based with, so I would have to buy more tomatoes anyways, and then, why not just buy them in the first place!?
But I digress.
Solely based on the fact that the mailman is now holding me accountable for the care of this plant, I moved it into our front yard. I noticed that there was one orangeish red tomato, and several green ones on it. 
Today I went out to water it and thought, "Hmm, wonder where that red one went? Did it un-ripen?" (seriously, I know nothing of gardening) But I didn't think too much of it. 
The LT came home at lunch and said, "Huh! Look at what that crafty squirrel did!" and sure enough, a squirrel is trying to thwart my attempt at gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment