Huh?

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. (Orig. unknown) Slang. H-U-A (heard understood acknowledged)

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

299 Tailgating

Since the LT works closely with the Commanding General here, we were invited to a tailgate party at his home before the Fort Benning Doughboy's football game. I was not thrilled about going because there were not many LTs invited, but it turned out to be really nice. The LT about fell down dead when I whipped out my camera and asked a woman to take our picture. I know he gets annoyed with my constant snapping, especially at work functions, but I waited until most people had cleared out. And hey, it's not like I said "Let me get a picture of you and the general!" 
Anyway, since I had someone take it, I set it to manual so the poor woman wouldn't have to take six pictures while I made sure the lighting was right. And I am posed pretty awkwardly, but there aren't many photos of the LT and I on here, so here we are in front of Riverside, all gussied up for the tailgate party!

No comments:

Post a Comment