Huh?

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. (Orig. unknown) Slang. H-U-A (heard understood acknowledged)

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

122 Future Astronomer

I had about 3000 points left in my Scholastic book order account from teaching, so I figured I'd better use them up before I forgot about them.
Today I got a huge box of books (delivered to Bean's school of course) in the mail.
Bean was so excited because she has been taling about space a lot, and I had ordered her a set of space-themed sight word readers.
She was SO excited to read them when she got home. She's already been telling me all about what she's read!
(Let's hope NASA still exists by the time she's old enough!)

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea. I wonder if I can remember mine?

    ReplyDelete