Huh?

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. (Orig. unknown) Slang. H-U-A (heard understood acknowledged)

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

145 Last Day

Today was the last day of school, and what a busy one it was.
After attending an Airborne graduation, I was able to go to the DQ's sixth grade awards assembly. She recieved awards for having the third highest average in her social studies class, and the highest in her math class! And instead of just a certificate, they got medals! A bronze and a gold!
She also was recognized for being on the A/B Honor Roll all four quarters! (And it would have been the all A Honor Roll except for a pesky B+ in science first quarter.)
Needless to say, we were very impressed.
Bean had a great last day too. She brought home her report card in which her teacher remarked, "Watching her succeed as a reader, writer, and problem solver this year has been a pure pleasure. She excels in all areas and is such an ardent student."
The LT and I are so proud of our sweet girls. They truly are amazing.
We are so blessed.
Tonight we celebrated at dinner, the DQ's choice.
I think ZoĆ«'s Kitchen was a delicious choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment