Huh?

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. (Orig. unknown) Slang. H-U-A (heard understood acknowledged)

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

137 Fireflies!

The one thing I've been dying to see since we moved out here is fireflies. I was pretty disappointed when we got here at the end of last summer and didn't see any. There were certainly plenty of cicadas to go around though (and keep me up all night).
Tonight the DQ went to her first YW activity for the upcoming Girls' Camp. (She had a blast) As we were leaving, I happened to see something tiny flash out of the corner of my eye.
A firefly!!
So like a crazy woman, I drove to the back of the church parking lot and sat there trying to capture one.
And capture one I did!
Just one.
Barely.
When we got home, I braved the biting flies and spiders and stood in the backyard for about 20 minutes trying to find more. I did spot a few, but I think they spotted me too because by the time I got the settings right on the camera, they stopped flashing.
Oh well. I was glad I got at least one.
Now I have a new nightly obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment