Huh?

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. (Orig. unknown) Slang. H-U-A (heard understood acknowledged)

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Friday, August 10, 2012

223 False Alarm

Loud noises are nothing new to life on an army post.
I didn't think much of the humming motor outside until I realized that it had been going for more than a half hour. I finally peeked outside and saw this:
There were a few firefighters walking around without a sense of urgency, so I didn't think it was anything big. I did see a puff of smoke behind the black car on the right. I worried because that family has been gone for months and I thought something had happened to the house. 
I finally went outside to investigate and saw that a new neighbor was standing on her porch watching so I introduced myself. She explained that they were training in an empty house.
Easy enough.
I'm so glad it wasn't anything bad, and I'm glad that I got to meet a new neighbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment